Become a Member
Our credit union is for people, not for profit!
How do I Join?
Joining is Easy! To be eligible for membership of Ballyhackamore Credit Union Limited you must be living or working within our common bond area.
To find out if you are eligible to join please contact our office on 90471753 or email email@example.com and our staff will be able to help you. Alternatively, check details of our common bond here: bhcu-common-bond
You will also need £2 for a membership fee and a minimum lodgement of £5 to activate your account.
Two forms of identification are required when opening an account. See a list of acceptable identification below:
- 1. Photographic id (must show date of birth & recent photo)
- Current valid signed Passport
- Current EU or UK Photo Card valid Driving Licence
- Current valid UK Firearms Certificate with photograph
- EU Member State Identity Card or National Identity Card (for non-UK nationals) but only if it bears an expiry date. Proof of residency also required
- DRD Senior Smart Pass / 60+ Smart Pass
- Bus Pass (with photograph)
- Northern Ireland Electoral Identity Card
- Birth Certificate (Minors only)
- 2. Address verification (no more than 3 months old):
- Household/ Utility bill
- Bank statement
- Medical letter
- Mortgage statement
- Rates Bill
- Government letter (State benefit , child benefit, tax credits, pension credits etc)
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINALS. One document may not be used twice to prove identity and address.
No need to make an appointment- just call in with your relevant ID.
Contact us today for a membership application.
Or you may download an application form here Membership Form
Membership for under 16's
If you have children, you could consider opening a Minor Account, for them, if they are under 16. We just need their Birth Certificate, along with your photographic ID and current proof of address, as above. A minimum of £1 is required to open a Minor Account. On reaching the age of 16, the account will automatically transfer to an adult share account (unles you tell us otherwise).
You may download an application form for Minor membership here Minor Application