Become a Member



Become a Member Our credit union is for people, not for profit! How do I Join? To be eligible for membership of Ballyhackamore Credit Union Limited you must be living or working within our common bond area. This is most of BT4, BT5 and BT16. Here is a map to help you. If you live or work within the red line, you will be eligible to join Ballyhackamore Credit Union. View map HERE  This is a high resolution map and you can zoom-in to find you home or work address. Joining is easy.


If you prefer, please download a membership application form HERE. This form is fillable.  Open with Adobe Acrobat. FULLY complete the form and save to your computer or print a copy.

Bring this completed form to our office (during opening hours), along with original documents, as described below.

You will also need £1 for a membership fee and a minimum lodgement of £5 to activate your account. Two forms of identification are required when opening an account. See a list of acceptable identification below:

  • 1. Photographic id (must show date of birth & recent photo)
    • Current valid signed Passport
    • Current EU or UK Photo Card valid Driving Licence
    • Current valid UK Firearms Certificate with photograph
    • EU Member State Identity Card or National Identity Card (for non-UK nationals) but only if it bears an expiry date. Proof of residency also required
    • DRD Senior Smart Pass / 60+ Smart Pass
    • Bus Pass (with photograph)
    • Northern Ireland Electoral Identity Card
    • Birth Certificate (Minors only)
  • 2. Address verification (no more than 3 months old):
    • Household/ Utility bill
    • Bank statement
    • Medical letter
    • Mortgage statement
    • Rates Bill
    • Government letter (State benefit , child benefit, tax credits, pension credits etc)

ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINALS. One document may not be used twice to prove identity and address.

Also, you may call into our office, during opening hours, with the documents mentioned above, where you can complete a membership application form.

Membership for under 16’s

If you have children, you could consider opening a Minor Account, for them, if they are under 16. We just need their Birth Certificate, along with your photographic ID and current proof of address, as above.

Funds are held in trust for the Minor. Withdrawals are only permitted for the Minor’s use and benefit. On reaching the age of 16, the account will automatically transfer to an adult share account (unless you tell us otherwise), and the account holder will have sole access to the funds.

You may download an application form for Minor membership here (sorry, will be available soon)