Become a Member Our credit union is for people, not for profit! How do I Join? To be eligible for membership of Ballyhackamore Credit Union Limited you must be living or working within our common bond area. Here is a map to help you. If you live or work within the blue line, you will be eligible to join Ballyhackamore Credit Union. View map HERE Alternatively, check details of our common bond here: bhcu-common-bond Joining is easy. If you live or work in BT4, BT5 or BT16, you will likely be eligible to join. Please download a membership application form HERE. This form is fillable. Save this form and open with Adobe Acrobat. FULLY complete the form and save to your computer. We are legally required to obtain ID and proof of address. Please photograph or scan ONE document from each section below. Once we are again open to the public, we will need you to provide original documents.
Please e-mail these, along with your completed membership form, to: email@example.com. In the subject line insert your name and ‘membership’.
Once your membership is complete, we will contact you regarding the £1 joining fee, plus £5 share deposit.
You will also need £1 for a membership fee and a minimum lodgement of £5 to activate your account. Two forms of identification are required when opening an account. See a list of acceptable identification below:
- 1. Photographic id (must show date of birth & recent photo)
- Current valid signed Passport
- Current EU or UK Photo Card valid Driving Licence
- Current valid UK Firearms Certificate with photograph
- EU Member State Identity Card or National Identity Card (for non-UK nationals) but only if it bears an expiry date. Proof of residency also required
- DRD Senior Smart Pass / 60+ Smart Pass
- Bus Pass (with photograph)
- Northern Ireland Electoral Identity Card
- Birth Certificate (Minors only)
- 2. Address verification (no more than 3 months old):
- Household/ Utility bill
- Bank statement
- Medical letter
- Mortgage statement
- Rates Bill
- Government letter (State benefit , child benefit, tax credits, pension credits etc)
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINALS. One document may not be used twice to prove identity and address. No need to make an appointment- just call in with your relevant ID.
Contact us today for a membership application.
Or you may download an application form HERE
This form is fillable. save to your computer and open with Adobe Acrobat.
Membership for under 16's
If you have children, you could consider opening a Minor Account, for them, if they are under 16. We just need their Birth Certificate, along with your photographic ID and current proof of address, as above. A minimum of £1 is required to open a Minor Account. On reaching the age of 16, the account will automatically transfer to an adult share account (unles you tell us otherwise).
You may download an application form for Minor membership here (sorry, will be available soon)